Activities & Resources
Arcade050in Cleveland, OH 44114
The Arcade was the first building in Cleveland to be placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The structure, featuring a 5-story atrium with extensive decorative metal work (and gargoyles!), an impressive skylighted atrium, is one of the country's only existing pedestrian arcades.
When it was built in 1890, its $875,000 construction was financed by John D. Rockefeller, Marcus Hanna and other wealthy Clevelanders. Designed by John Eisenmann, the Arcade was likely inspired by the Vittorio Emanuele in Milan, Italy.