The Maitland Public Library
was created in 1896 with the donation of 360 books by Maitland resident Clara Dommerich. First housed in a local teacher's living room, the library later moved to a storefront on Horatio Avenue, near the railroad tracks. The current library building on South Maitland Avenue was built in 1907, with the most recent addition completed in 1989. The library's collection
currently far exceeds its humble beginning with over 85,000 items, including videos, DVDs, audiobooks on CD and tape, magazines, and - of course - plenty of books. The library offers ongoing storytimes
for children of all ages (see the library website or our GoCityKids calendar
for a current list of storytimes and special events), live online homework help for kids in grades four through twelve, and other interactive children and family programs.