The Ursuline Campus of the Southwest School of Art & Craft
is on the National Register of Historic Places. The convent was established in 1851, when seven Catholic nuns arrived in San Antonio to start San Antonio's first school for girls. The two-story buildings are constructed of local limestone, the beautiful chapel still retains some of the original stained glass windows, and the surrounding gardens and courtyards are a lovely place to stroll. Docent tours of the historic buildings and grounds are available Mon-Fri, 10am–3pm.